Monday, January 4, 2016

Country Living in Connecticut with Nora Murphy


On New Year's Eve day, I had the wonderful opportunity to take a leisurely drive to Connecticut and have coffee with Nora Murphy, the creator of Nora Murphy Country House.  

The purpose of the visit was networking and business, but while I was there, Nora gave me a quick house tour (she was hosting a New Year's Eve party and I had to drive back to Massachusetts to attend one). I quickly pulled out my phone and began snapping away taking photos, like a tourist on vacation, knowing the tour would soon end. 

Please enjoy this quick unedited and unstaged photo tour of Nora's home.  To see these rooms, in all their glory, please visit Nora's website Nora Murphy Country House. 


 


Paperwhites scented the air and was apparent as soon as I stepped in the front door of this charming New England home.


Fresh greenery was swagged over the mantle, lighting, and cabinets throughout Nora's home. 






Oh this bedroom!  The bed is from Ethan Allen and dressed in red and white for the holidays. 



The bathroom is oh so very country!  This old cabinet was refashioned as a vanity. 


Have you seen an old fence used to enclose a shower before????  Now you have!






#countryliving #Connecticuthomes 







No comments:

Post a Comment