Saturday, January 4, 2014

Using Radiant Orchid, Pantones 2014 color of the year in your home, fashion, and party design.

While watching the TV show Project Runway, I was inspired to show you some home, fashion, and party looks using Pantone's 2014 Color of the year... Radiant Orchid.  This color has a place in my heart, but used sparingly.  Below you will see some uses of the radiant orchid color, by designers, that certainly were not afraid to "Go For It".  I am more apt to use it on my lips, nails, or finishing touch accessory.  OH and of course.... in my jewelry!




A few shades of purple with radiant orchid blended in. 


Almost too pretty to eat.  Notice I said "almost". 




Last year I invested in a cobalt blue trench coat, but I could be talked into wearing a radiant orchid trench coat too! 


Looking at this room, it is mainly white and neutral tones, but the splashes of purple make the room.



I have painted striped walls and I have stenciled ceilings with a damask print or added painted stars, but I have yet to use bold stripes.  What do you think of these?  I find it quite stunning. 


Now this is a party color theme I would never forget!  Stunning!


Damn! Once again, last year I bought a pink leather handbag, but this takes the cake!  Maybe I can just purchase a tiny clutch to add to accessories. 


Hmmmm. Looks like mother nature hit the nail on the head with the color!





New England Fine Living's Web site http://www.newenglandfineliving.com and this blog was created by Linda Calder, an interior designer and party stylist. Known as The Fine Living Muse, Linda created this Girl's Guide to Decorating in Style, Entertaining in Style, and Living in Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment