Friday, February 10, 2012

Photo of a beautiful desk with flowers and a place to dream... even with water stains

Sofia Coppola-Louis Vuitton bag - Photo from mylusciouslife.com

There is just something about this photo that stopped me in my tracks.  Was it the flowers? The sunlight dappling through the window? The relaxed flower arrangement? Yes, saw those first. Then I noticed it... this beautiful photo is also showcasing the reality of a leather desk and the effects of water!   All together now... COASTERS!  I can see my mom shaking her head now when she reads this post.  From an early age, I was taught the importance of using a coaster on any surface and I was also taught different ways of removing water stains. (Here is a link to an article I wrote on my web site about removing water stains)

With that said.  I still love it. I think it gives it character and it makes you realize how many dreamy visits were made to this desk with a libation of choice.  Oh and I love how the lipstick matches the flowers too :-) .

Linda Calder Smith, owner of http://www.newenglandfineliving.com is an Allied ASID Interior Designer in Middleton MA, Westford MA, New England, owner of New England Fine Living, and Party Planner North of Boston. Classic New England Style or Glam Interior Design and parties have been most recently completed in Middleton, Carlisle, Andover, North Andover, Marblehead, Boston, Salem, Newburyport, Newbury, Ipswich, Westford, Boxford, Topsfield, and so many more surrounding towns!

1 comment:

  1. Great photo with many features to admire, as you say, things to consider too

    ReplyDelete