Friday, November 19, 2010

Making a New England Farm House Country Wreath




I am having so much fun creating items for several holiday parties that I have been hired to style.  One of them will be for a large corporate/friend/ New England house warming party in a private home, and the theme throughout the whole house is " New England Farm House Country".  I will be decorating the mantles with faux greenery (so that they will have their creations year after year) and pine cones, the tree with stars, burlap ribbon (if it works out as planned), an old sled on the dessert station, a red, white, and green candy buffet, and several wreaths.

Here is a wreath I created today for over the kitchen sink.
I first visited many of the local New England flea markets and New England antique stores to find small kitchen items from years gone by and some country theme ribbon.  I will post the finished party pictures next month. 



Creatively placing the items on the wreath with wire, then highlighting the items with small bows and cranberry colored berries were the finishing touch.



1 comment: