Sunday, October 7, 2012

Homemade Apple Pie Recipe

My first apple pie of the season!  I was looking forward to making this and trust me, I barely had time to take photos before it got inhaled by 4 men.  At least I got a small slice!  For the recipe, please go to the Apple Pie Recipe page of my web site. http://www.newenglandfineliving.com/Apple-Pie-Recipe-Homemade.html


All the fixings for the apple pie recipe


Brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg


Fresh squeezed lemon to coat the apples (so they don't turn brown).  You can use bottled lemon juice too.


Apples sliced thin.  Mixing apple types is extra yummy!  Cortlands are a great apple to use.


Since my time was limited, I used a store bought pie crust


Place the apple mixture into the pie crust


Dot the apple mixture with salted butter


Steam holes.... I made mine with love


Brush the crust with a beaten egg to make a golden brown crust and sprinkle with sugar.






The day I purchased the items for this apple pie, my daughter and boyfriend were with me. I sent them home with their own "Apple Pie Kit" and I just received a photo oh her very first apple pie!



New England Fine Living offers full service Party and Event Planning as well as an in-house interior design studio North of Boston. The parties and events we plan for our clients are small to large and are very casual to extremely elegant. What type of party would you like? We can create it for you. If you want to plan your own party, but would like a consultant, we can do that for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment