Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Black painted railings can update oak railings

Photo via Beatricebanks.blogspot.com
Now I can't say that the below photos that I found online have oak or a wood that the homeowner did not like, but  in my old house I did just that...  I painted my oak railing black and I loved it!  What a quick fix to updating a staircase. Making sure to use a quality primer (I had mine tinted black) then I used a paint that can take the high traffic and I was good to go! 5 years later it was still looking great.  Would you like more design inspiration?  Don't forget to check out my design and lifestyle web site New England Fine Living

Photo Via Houzz.com

Photo Via baltares.blogspot.com

Photo via: Remodelaholic.com



Photo Via Houzz.com by Usona

Photo Via HJholtzandson.com



Linda Calder Smith, is an Allied ASID Interior Designer in Middleton MA, Westford MA, New England, owner of New England Fine Living, and Party Planner North of Boston. Classic New England Style or Glam Interior Design and parties have been most recently completed in Middleton, Carlisle, Andover, North Andover, Marblehead, Boston, Salem, Newburyport, Newbury, Ipswich, Westford, Boxford, Topsfield, and so many more surrounding towns!

No comments:

Post a Comment