Monday, November 16, 2009

Making Sugar Pecans for Holiday Gifts

Here is a fantastic Recipe for  Sugared Pecans.  Warning.... if you are making them for gifts... package them quickly before everyone eats them on you.

1 pound pecan halves
1 egg white
1 teaspoon cold water
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

  2.Beat egg white with  water until fluffy.

  3. Fold pecans into egg whites until well coated.

  4. Mix cinnamon, sugar and salt together then fold       
       coated pecans into the dry mixture.

Bake on a cookie sheet for 1 hour. Serve warm.  (I wish I used parchment paper and I will be using it this year.  They really stuck to the pan!

For the gifts, I wrapped them in bags, placed my Home Made stickers on the front, then placed them in mugs with the initials of my friends.  These happen to be going to Lisa, Lynde, and Liz


Linda Calder Smith, owner of http://www.newenglandfineliving.com is an Allied ASID Interior Designer in Middleton MA, Westford MA, New England, owner of New England Fine Living, and Party Planner North of Boston. Classic New England Style or Glam Interior Design and parties have been most recently completed in Middleton, Carlisle, Andover, North Andover, Marblehead, Boston, Salem, Newburyport, Newbury, Ipswich, Westford, Boxford, Topsfield, and so many more surrounding towns!

3 comments:

  1. I always receive these from my friend Felicia during the holidays and use them to "garnish" plates of cookies!

    You have been added to the list for NE Bloggers. If you'd like to be on my mailing list for NE Blogger updates drop me a note e_bogardus AT hotmail

    Since you're using your blog to promote your business, you may want to be sure you have a link to your profile on the page, and your email in your profile also. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm those look great. I wonder if I can do one more thing tomorrow morning before people arrive.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy,

    Hope you gave them a try. I did them again this year, and what a hit!

    ReplyDelete