Monday, June 16, 2008

Listening to Music While Cleaning your Home or Office



I don't know about you, but cleaning is not one of my fortes. Sure I enjoy a clean house, it seems to bring me more energy, and clear thinking, but with my busy schedule I am ashamed to say that it is not always first on the list. I like to plan my cleaning time. I create an atmosphere that helps me enjoy the task just a bit more.

Today the cloud cover is heavy and I needed to get myself in the mood. I lit candles that I have scattered around my home then I put on some great music to help lift my spirits. I usually enjoy George Winston's December, Piano Solos: 20th Anniversary Edition is one of my favorites. I remember when I was selling real estate in the 80's (oh... I feel so old when I say that) I used to play his CD's during the open houses to set the mood along with the old trick of baking cookies in the oven, but today the radio will suffice.

Today I found that the cleaning went a little smoother than usual, just because of my music and candles. Now I am going to get ready to make myself some lunch and get ready to go to my office.

What do you like to do to help get you in the mood for cleaning to make it a little less of a chore and more like a treat?



Linda Calder Smith, owner of http://www.newenglandfineliving.com is an Allied ASID Interior Designer in Middleton MA, Westford MA, New England, owner of New England Fine Living, and Party Planner North of Boston. Classic New England Style or Glam Interior Design and parties have been most recently completed in Middleton, Carlisle, Andover, North Andover, Marblehead, Boston, Salem, Newburyport, Newbury, Ipswich, Westford, Boxford, Topsfield, and so many more surrounding towns!

No comments:

Post a Comment